- This event has passed.
Liquid Kabbalah: Refining the Heart – Virtual Series
May 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 9, 2020
$160 Series/ $25 per per class
CONTINUUM MOVEMENT – LIQUID KABBALAH VIRTUAL SERIES
The days are getting longer, the sun is shining more brightly in the northern hemisphere. Spring is springing. The natural movement is toward expansion, like fruit trees blossoming and flowers budding. Humans are tending to spend more time outdoors with friends and family. Nature is extra beautiful this time of year.
Earth is responding to a pandemic and it has become dangerous to freely commune with others. The current situation demands physical separation from one another. People in “non-essential” jobs are staying at home. Humans around the globe are adjusting to life during a pandemic. Day to day life has changed significantly.
The streets are quiet, the air is cleaner, traffic flows, and a sense of rest permeates. Much of the day to day noise has dropped away. Humanity is offered a quiet time. There are unique blessings that are coming forward. It affords an opportunity for self reflection, a chance to get to know ourselves today, and look inside ourselves. This is a perfect time to enter into the depths of sacred meditation, movement, and Kabbalah learning, offered online in our Continuum Movement – Liquid Kabbalah series.We have tools for your toolkit.
“It is incumbent upon you to know that for everything The Holy One of Blessing created in the world, there is a corresponding part created within the human, as it is written: We will make humankind in our likeness, in our patterning. – Genesis 1.1. All this to enable understanding of Secret Wisdom from within the revealed.”
– Rabbi Yoseph Ashkenazi on Sefer Yetzirah 1:1
A class session will include (some of) these aspects:
1) Meditation accessing the tree of life (Etz Hayyim)
2) Dialog about Continuum Movement offerings and potency of fluid resonance
3) Sacred (Kabbalah) study
4) Continuum Movement Dive (moving meditation practice) inviting fluid connectivity to reveal human origins and relate them to ongoing currents of organismic life. This is dome by means of gentle sounding and simple choreography.
– Increased Vitality and Health
– Expansive Sense of well being
– Releases, relaxes, and realigns
– Safe environment for growth and renewal
– Learn access and trust your body’s wisdom
– Heightens Sensitivity
– Develop Flexible Power
– Revitalized joints bones and skeletal health
– Deepens spiritual receptivity
– Awakens creativity
– Get to know your unique self
– Increased feeling of wellness- More attuned sense of self
– Greater awareness of being part of something much bigger
– Increased Sensation- Opportunity to slow down, and experience stillness
– Increased neurological function
Cultivate the ability to respond appropriately to a wide variety of circumstances: Physically, Emotionally, Intelligently, and Spiritually. Become a “wide band virtuoso”.
Dates and Times
Tuesday May 5, 12, 19, 26
Tuesday June 2, 9
(RSVP is necessary – even if you think we know.)
8 session series $160 paid in advance before April 21
$25 per drop-in class
No turned away for lack of funds.
Zoom link address is given when you register.
You can pay for the course or donate with your own PayPal account, sending to RebTmimah@Holistic Jew. Please identify “friends and family,” so no fees are charged.
Click here to register directly from our website:
All gifts are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
Thank you for supporting the work we do at Holistic Jew.
Rabbi T’mimah Audrey Ickovits, BSE, is the Rabbi and Executive Director of Holistic Jew in Santa Monica, CA. She cultivates a wide variety of spiritual gatherings. These include prayer, ethically sourced meals, Torah study, Liquid Kabbalah movement, and meditation.
Rabbi T’mimah teaches courses in “Davvenology”, “Kabbalah and Prayer”, and Liquid Kabbalah Meditation and Movement highlighting the connectivity between spiritual practice and nature’s movement. Rabbi T’mimah recently published the ”Holistic Jew Shahareet Weekday Siddur” and “Seven Sacred Circles.” Both these publications include commentary from classical Kabbalah. Passionate about the environment and committed to equality in death, she teaches in support of both green, cost-effective, and traditional end-of-life options.
Rabbi T’mimah runs the Holistic Jew garden to provide garden-to-table dining for festival meals.
Published by Rabbi T’mimah
- “Seven Sacred Circles” to make underlying substructure of sacred circling practices easily accessible in support of cultivating the Divine Feminine.
- “Holistic Jew Shahareet for Weekdays“ featuring a full prayer service, heart focused English translation, and classical Kabbalah meditations translated into English for the first time.
Both books are available on Lulu.
Holistic Jew is a shtiebel; home for ritual, prayer, learning, and laughter. We cultivate prayer, meditation, Torah study & ethically sourced Kosher meal encounters. Reverently irreverent, we foster contemporary means of expression that satisfy the intellect, nourish the heart, and speak to tradition. We welcome good hearted people of all orientations, and we celebrate diversity with love.